All boats manufactured by Austral Marine covering all ranges of Panache and Odyssey comply with the following general specifications.
GRP ( FIBREGLASS)
All gelcoats are NPG and are applied by latest spray technology, ensuring perfect catalysation and application. Gelcoat on all topdecks is backed up with Reichold technology Barrier Coat to ensure extra strength and prevent print-through, orange peel and blistering.
New technology Anti-Bubble Paste is applied to all sharp corners at time of laminating to prevent formation of air bubbles between gelcoat and laminate, and further increase strength in these critical areas. Iso resins are used throughout the process to ensure extra strength and durability. Catalyst is administered automatically to ensure perfect, consistent quality.
High density polyurethane foam is mixed, measured and injected ( using the latest available equipment ) into the under floor area while the hull is still in the mould. This not only ensures perfect quality foam for flotation, but also greatly enhances the strength and rigidity of the hull.
- Trailers all comply with SABS Standards. Austral are a registered manufacturer.
- Trailers frames are all fully galvanised to prevent rust.
- All trailers include submersible lights, removable chevron board and Jockey wheel.
- All braked trailers incorporate hinged draw bar to facilitate storage in shorter space.
- Spare wheels are optional on some trailers and highly recommended.
- Trailer winches are fitted by the dealer to suit the customer`s requirements.
FITTINGS AND GENERAL
- Marine Grade carpet, to withstand normal boating environment.
- Imported Marine Grade upholstery material. UV protected with anti-fungal properties.
- Top quality foam is used in upholstery and all horizontal cushions are wrapped in plastic before covering. This protects the cushion against water absorption.
- Certain models – cushions are made on Komacel base. Komacel is a composite material that will not twist or warp and is impervious to water to prevent possible rot. See individual model specs for details.
- All stainless hardware is manufactured in-house for quality and consistency. Specially made nylon washers are fitted where rails are bolted to the boat. These protect the gelcoat from damage.
- All windscreens are manufactured in-house. Aluminium frames are Epoxy coated for greater durability and appearance. Glass screens are fitted to certain models. Our Acrylic screens are made from imported German material which has proven to be extremely well suited to the application – they give good visibility, have excellent UV protection and do not mark easily.
- All fixings are either brass or stainless steel, including staples used in upholstery assembly.
- Timber is either Meranti or imported Hardwood Ply ( Brazil ) manufactured to international specifications for use in the marine environment.
- Built-in Fuel tanks are made in South Africa to our own requirements and are comparable with the best in the world.